FT.com reports that Waymo will have 60% of global self-driving taxi market by 2030.
Waymo will own 60 per cent of the global self-driving taxi market by 2030, a level of dominance that forces many of the world’s carmakers to adopt its technology or become obsolete, a report predicts.
Investment bank UBS estimated global revenues from self-driving technology by 2030 will be up to $2.8tn, with Alphabet’s Waymo unit the global leader.
Susan Wojcicki, the CEO of Youtube talks about how tech can improve gender diversity.
at Google, when we increased paid maternity leave from 12 to 18 weeks, the rate at which new moms left dropped by 50 percent
Techcrunch reports on Nokia’s relaunch of the 3310 with 25 days of stand by battery and 23 hours of talk time. Additional features includes:
- System: Dual band 900/1800 MHz
- Software platform: Nokia Series 30+
- Dimensions: 115.6*51.0*12.8mm
- Weight: 79.6 g (including battery)
- Display: 2.4’’ QVGA (240*320)
- two Micro SIM slots
- Curved window with polarised layer for better readability in sunlight
- Connectivity: micro USB, 3.5mm AV connector,
- Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM
- Camera: 2Mpxl camera with LED flash
- MicroSD card support up to 32 GB
- LED torchlight
Bloomberg reports that Canadian CEOs are urging Trudeau to take rejected U.S. Tech Workers:
“…dozens of Canada’s tech chief executive officers including Shopify Inc.’s Tobi Lutke, an immigrant from Germany, and Hootsuite Media Inc.’s Ryan Holmes signed a letter asking Canada to offer immediate entry visas to those hit by the order.”
Trump’s actions are already helping the USA lose its status as a magnet for the world’s talent.